06 March 2008

Of all the gin joints in all the world... NoLA Rising Supports the Spirit of New Orleans

I Love New Orleans

In a recent encounter with a curious onlooker who was a bit mystified by the NoLA Rising phenomenon sweeping the city and little enclaves across the world, I was asked, "What are you promoting?"

I had to think about that for a second because I never thought about what I was doing as promotional work. So, the long internal debate was summed up with my quick answer of "I'm not trying to promote anything but the spirit of New Orleans." And that was that. Honestly, there wasn't much thinking involved in that answer because there didn't need to be.

From the beginning, the NoLA Rising Project has been about rebuilding the spirit of the city, nourishing the soul of her people and encouraging the rich cultural diversity of our heritage. For all you naysayers out there, I was born here and I was bred here and this is about you as much as it is about anything else. Art heals whether you like it or not.

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BEST ARTISTS I KNOW...MY SISTER!


ARS LONGA VITA BREVIS
check out the dirty coast blog...living the dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment